Re: Disable logging in tablespace vs using hidden parameter _disable_logging

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:53:47 -0000

For a large import, the point I was making about
commits is pretty irrelevant. I was only thinking
about the usual potential for latch collision and
redo wastage for highly concurrent systems,  and
'row at a time' batch processing.

Everything that could normally cause a redo-related
problem still can cause a problem with _disable_logging
set to true apart from one little detail, which is the
log file write time.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 10th Jan 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>