Re: Direct SGA access without SQL for Oracle RDBMS

  • From: Jko <jacques.kostic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chappell688@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 22:15:44 +0100

Wouaou thanks for sharing!

Cheers
Jko

Le 29 janvier 2018 10:13:27 PM neil chappell <chappell688@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a project I have been working on for a number of years now. It first started off as a small personal sideline after reading a story about writing a direct memory access (DMA) program into Oracle’s SGA. Over the years I’ve got my version, direct session memory monitor (dsm2) working on Oracle databases running ASMM or AMM.

I feel that now is a good a time as ever to share it with the wider Oracle community. I would like to continue to improve dsm2, but first I’m really keen to see if everyone can see a value/place for it as a monitoring tool.

I look forward to any feedback, good or bad!

Link to the projects repo: dsm2<https://github.com/N3i1/dsm2>

Regards

Neil