Re: Direct SGA access problem because of structs' changing start addresses (e.g., x$ksmsp)

  • From: "keydana@xxxxxx" <keydana@xxxxxx>
  • To: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:08:54 +0100

Hi Marcin,

> As far as I remember I never found out how to find a starting address without
> query a instance

Yes, I was wondering about that, too (it would be great to not have any sqlplus
step first) - but if you say you've already researched that, I guess it's not
feasible...

> If you are interested in I can try to find these sources somewhere but I'm
> wondering why you are looking into that topic now when ASH is build in into
> Oracle or you can run S-ASH or other similar tools from SQL.

Well I guess, it's just "for fun" (and looking for a way to do some
programming, privately, connected somehow to the job ;-))
And if it doesn't cause too much trouble, of course it would be interesting to
see your code :-)

Thanks!
Sigrid