Re: Differential incremental backups

  • From: Orlando L <oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:49:39 -0500

I think that answers my question. The earliest we can go back is to the last
base backup. If we have incremental backups and or archive logs before base
backups, they are not of use even if RMAN retention window is set to 7 days.

Thanks everyone who contributed. I will test it out, but they want some
quick answers.