Re: Different owners for Oracle Home and Grid Home

  • From: Sreejith Nair <sreejithsna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:12:52 +0530

In our organisation where different databases in a RAC is billed separately
depending on the resources used (core) we usually run each database under
different OS user and grid also runs as different OS user.

This will help us to sum up the pcpu used by each process owners and calculate
percentage CPU used by each os user. We make sure resources taken for grid
don't come in our calculation and billing  by running under different OS user.

Regards
Sreejith

Sent from my iPhone

On 23-Oct-2014, at 6:16 am, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is also my experience.  Much pain, no gain.

Sent from my iPad