Re: Different export times using sys or another user.

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:55:28 +0200

Are you exporting the database using the parameter consistent = y?
It'll cause the whole export to be done as a single read only transaction and could slow the export because of the need to generate more consistent read block images. Since consistent=y isn't supported for sys, when the export is run as sys it won't be in a read only transaction and may speed things up.

You can find more details here:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/exp_imp.htm#sthref2250

Harel Safra

Guillermo Alan Bort wrote:
So, I have a user, FEXP, with the export full database role. Is it possible that if I call a full export of the database it takes longer (a LOT longer) with the FEXP user than with SYS?

All other parameters are the same, and the export is on the exact same database.

just curious.

cheers.
Alan.-