Re: Different date formats between thin and thick clients

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:27:53 +0200

I am going into the wild side, I did not test it.

I am assuming that you have nls_date_format set in the clients to the format you need and JDBC thin does not use this but gets the database default nls_date_format.

You can set in init.ora the DATABASE default nls_date_format.

So, if you put nls_date_format='MON DD YYYY HH24:MI:SS' in the init.ora and bounce the database, the JDBC thin clients will get the date format that you want.

Test, test and test again.

Yechiel

On 21/02/2011 21:04, Sandra Becker wrote:
Here's what a developer gave me from a test he ran to show the format differences:

                     | using oci 9.2             | using thin

NLS_DATE_FORMAT         | Mon DD YYYY HH24:MI:SS       | DD-MON-RR