Re: Difference between crsctl & crs_stat command ?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 01:57:55 -0400

On 06/10/2016 01:24 AM, Justin Mungal wrote:

The only reason I can think of is that Oracle wanted to consolidate the many crs_* commands into a single command with many options. That way you just need to know the single command and use -h to see what particular options are available.

My guess would be that crsctl command is more logical, it uses the same utility used to start/stop/relocate resources for displaying statistics. Also, it is not much of a difference between crs_stat -l and crsctl stat res -l. It's almost the same. I can see how that can be the problem with the monitoring scripts, but crs_stat command is a 10G command and crsctl is a 11G command. Oracle version 10G is dead for some years now and Oracle 11.2.0.4 is on its way out. There was more than enough time to learn the new commands and modify the monitoring scripts. If you are on *nix operating system, like Linux, AIX, Solaris or HP-UX, you can use bash shell and "alias" command like this: alias crs_stat="crsctl stat res". That will give you the same command line. For nostalgic reasons, you can also use alias sqldba="sqlplus / as sysdba". The "monitor" command, however, will not work.
Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA