RE: Diagram software

  • From: "Clarke, Andrew" <andrew.clarke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:49:29 +0100

I'm a bit surprised that nobody on the list has mentioned the SQL Dev Modelling
tool.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer/files/Modeling.html

It's an Early Adopter release, but don't worry: Oracle bought an established,
polished product and ported it, so it's robust in use.  It does pretty much all
the things you'd want out of a modelling tool - forward and reverse
engineering, logical and physical design, etc.  but it is not yet a complete
product which models every aspect of an Oracle database.  However, I already
prefer it to Schemester (my previous favourite free recommendation) not least
because it runs on Linux (and Mac) as well as Windows.

Cheers, APC

A P Clarke
Software Architect
Logica UK Public Sector Division