Developer question

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:36:43 -0600

I'm forwarding this to the list because I don't know an answer off the top of
my head and Google isn't being much help due to the nature of the search.
Developer wants to know if you can prepare a statement in a string variable
like 'execute someproc();' and check the validity of the statement without
executing it. (PARSE it only)

I *thought* there was a way in Oracle to parse a statement without executing it
but I can't figure it out at the moment.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.