RE: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxx>, <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:55:54 -0500

1.)

PowerVault."

That is 100% my experience and what I have seen other say.
The problems I have seen, and heard about, and my SA told me about are
not isolated.
My SA told me and Dell support during a conference call, that they
should have a look at their own forum and it is clogged with PERC-RAID
problems.

2.)

You want a count in total or just for one year? ;o)
I would be surprised if one running RAC at some point
did see a RAC instance hang crash cause the other instance to hang.
Granted the often the OS/Config is the root cause and to blame, but I
have seen session "GC" waits on one node continue right to the other
PASSIVE node if we did not shutdown the first dying node.  I have seen a
controller error on nodeA hang instance NodeA and during the reconfigure
hang instance on NodeB.

What fun...I can feel the panic of management as if it were yesterday.
:o|

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA