Re: Definition of Top Class DBA

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:24:26 -0600

Could be worse - the title could be "DBA with 5 years experience" vs "DBA with 5x 1year experience" ;-)

I especially like those that want 5 years of experience with Oracle Database 12c
/Hans

On 11/09/2014 4:00 PM, Iggy Fernandez wrote:
The problem is that everyone in the team is already billed as a "senior DBA" after one or two years on the job because (understandably) no one is satisfied with the "junior DBA" or "DBA" title. Therefore we need inflated titles like "top DBA" or "DBA architect" but all they really mean is "truly senior DBA" :-)