Re: Deadlocks

  • From: chet justice <chet.justice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:49:10 -0400

Miladin Modrakovic (aka Oraclue <http://oraclue.com>), has 2 pretty good
articles on it.

Part 1:  http://oraclue.com/2009/04/20/detecting-deadlock-source/

Part 2:  http://oraclue.com/2009/04/23/detecting-deadlock-source-part-2/

I worked with him when we began receiving those deadlocks (me in a
junior/dev dba role).  My contention was that it was due to a terrible
design (cascading triggers and such) but, I believe, he ultimately solved
the problem by indexing unindexed foreign keys.  He did some pretty in-depth
research on it and those articles are just a bit of what he found.

chet