[SOLVED] Re: Deadlock on CDC_ALTER_CTABLE_BEFORE

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:51:39 -0300

Aw, come on, it's a test DB, no need of resignation. Backups are taken daily
so there was no data loss (not that it would matter on test db). Actually,
the problem started with a script to drop tables for a data refresh, so data
was not useful anyway.

Restoring the DB worked great, I had hope there was another way, however I
tried running catalog (even with the db without any users on) and it still
failed.

I appreciate everyone's imput on this.

Mark, I saw that note just a few minutes too late. I thought of disabling
triggers, but I thought it would introduce inconsistency into de DB.

thanks!
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional