RE: Deadlock on CDC_ALTER_CTABLE_BEFORE

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:50:26 -0400

Alan,

    Step 1, shutdown DB normally.  2 shutoff the listener, 3 restart
your db to the mount state, 4, alter system set job_queue_processes=0
scope=memory, 5 open the database, but keep everyone out (don't use
restricted mode), 6 run catalog again with no body attached to the
database.  If that succeeds and the dba views work again, thank your
lucky stars, shutdown make a backup and then restart everything
normally.

    If not, restore from last good backup.

    If no backup, rebuild database & tender your resignation.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International