RE: Dba or cook?

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:27:52 -0800

No, "a large client of us" is not proper grammar anywhere in the former
Empire, Niall. Also, I've never considered grammatical rapes a part of
American English. I'll pass on the aluminium perambulator though. :-)

If you want to see an interesting experiment in English (and a lot of
incorrect information to boot), give  MetaLink 169539.1 a gander. It was
brought to my attention with a commont on my blog since I'm starting a
mini-series about the NUMA aspects of Oracle on Opteron:

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/01/18/oracle-on-opteron-the-numa-
angle-part-i/