Re: Dba or cook?

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:58:37 +0200

Quite normal - cooking and DBA are going hand in hand sometimes.
Company of one of my friends is developing banking applications. So
once they sold their application to a bank in Baku, Azerbaijan. It
turned out that their chief DBA three months before was cooking pizzas
and for example how to do such advanced operations like export/import
they had to write very detailed instructions i.e. where to find
executables, what to write in parameters etc.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu

2007/1/18, Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>:

Below is an actual email I received.  I bet a server would have to be
marinated a longggggg time to be edible.

Hello

We have a 2 -3 months contract need with a large client of us in St Louis
for a strong Oracle DBA.

Candidate needs to have experience in configuring and marinating
development servers as well as managing production servers. Experience
with Oracle 9i and/or 10g is required.

This is a possible hire opportunity after the initial contract but
candidates need to be Green Card holders or US Citizens to be considered
for fulltime employment.

Please send your resume along with contact, rate/salary and availability
details if you are open to consider the opportunity.