RE: Day Light Savings Time in US

  • From: "Pass, Stephanie" <Stephanie_Pass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:48:19 -0700

Yes.   Are you being "proactive"???

 It looks as though any 9i db that uses timestamps or any 10g db will
require the patches (dictionary uses timestamps in 10g).

So far it looks as though the patches will change data too.  All clients
that access these systems will need to be patched so they will be able
to see the timestamps correctly.  It looks as though iAS will require
patching too;.  I'm still looking and will probably see other apps that
will need to be patched as I dig.

My assumption is that the OS will require a patch so Oracle will know
about the change.   This is going to be sooo much fun to try and
coordinate this change across our organization.