Dataware house DB's Cross Platfarm migration

  • From: Bala Krishna <krishna000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 21:52:11 -0400

Hi Team,

We've a plan to migrate Dataware house Database's from Aix to Linux with
Transportable Tablespace as an option.

Bascally i'm looking forward to measure performance before and after
migration and its implications.

Requesting you to please answer the below questions , i appreciate if there
are any pointers to some links etc.

1. Since the change in system stats how do we make sure that our execution
plans will not change majorly ? and its performance slowness.
2. If there are any executions plans are really performing bad after
migrating , what would be the best options that you suggest to compare
before and after migrate plans and suggest the best solutions to resolve
those issues ?
3. Implementing baselines is that a good idea ?
4. Exporting and importing stats will help to keep best optimum
performance?

Appreciate your response.

Regards
Bala