Datapump question

  • From: "CRISLER, JON A" <JC1706@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:08:38 +0000

I need to migrate a database from 11.1 non-RAC to 11.2 RAC.  Does Datapump
expdp and impdp support a method where I can export a full backup, then do
later exports based on SCN number, and also import those same files into the
target db ?  I want to do the final cutover in a short period of time.  Due to
the location of the systems (and version mismatches) Dataguard is not feasible,
and due to the version differences I would prefer to stay away from RMAN.  The
database is actually fairly small.

I see the flashback_scn parameters but I am not clear if that is what I need.
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l