Re: Dataguard - primary database moved to another server

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:57:37 -0500

On 03/25/2004 12:56:10 PM, Carel-Jan Engel wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I think (i'm not completely sure) the resetlogs killed to standby.

Robert Freeman will probably kill me for this, but there is a package called
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE,
not documented in your documentation set, which has a procedure called
"zerodbid".
The procedure takes one (DB ID) and can be used to reset your DBI ID to certain
value. I've never
used either streams or data guard and I don't know whether resetting DBID can
be used in combination
with them, but it can change the database ID. The nice thing about this package
is that it is a
part of the code, which means that you already have it. It's not documented and
it is visible
by SYS only. That is the package that actually implements RMAN.