Re: Dataguard - primary database moved to another server

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:25:44 -0500

On 03/25/2004 02:13:12 PM, Josh Collier wrote:
> Mladen is clearly shooting in the dark here :)

Yes, to make things perfectly clear, I am shooting in the dark. The primary
database was opened with resetlogs option and, consequently, the standby went
to the happy hunting grounds. Chris doesn't want to re-create the standby
from scratch, sto the only possible mechanism  to fake it is to change id.
If that doesn't work, he'll have to create the standby from scratch. As I have
said, I've never used either Guard or Streams.