Re: Dataguard Exadata -> Database Appliance

  • From: GG <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:07:00 +0200

Are You kidding guys ?

from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-appliance/oracle-database-appliance-faq-1903200.pdf
The Oracle Database Appliance X4-2 is a 4U rack-mountable
system with two servers and one storage shelf. The two
servers each contain two 12-core Intel Xeon Processors E5-
2697 v2 and 256 GB of memory for a total of 48 processor
cores and 512 GB of memory per appliance

The Oracle Database Appliance base configuration contains 18
TB of raw SAS storage, offering 9 TB double-mirrored or 6
TB triple-mirrored of resilient usable database storage. There
are also four 200 GB solid state drives for high performance
processing of database redo logs.

and You want to switchover/failover to that from X3 in memory database ? :) Good luck . The only reason I can think of using ODA as DR for EXA is to have positive answer for Boss question 'do we have DR solution' ?
As DBA You can only pray disaster never happen :).

Regards
GG