Re: Dataguard / Archive Logs

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:14:59 +0200

I will try to clarify:

SAN is usually a big box, with some TB on it and contain all the
storage, databases or not. We have currently about 20 databases on the
SAN + hundreds of other servers (windows - they multiple like germs :-).
For DR we replicate all the SAN to remote site, in real time.
That's what I meant when I said: replication of the entire site.

Data Guard, on the other hand is for ONE database. You can use it for
DR, to guard against human errors (with delay), to send data from the
database to a remote site to be available locally etc.

BTW, I did not mentioned anywhere HA.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel