RE: Datafiles on nfs mounts.

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:15:52 -0800

rw,bg,vers=3,proto=tcp,hard,intr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,forcedirectio

refer:  http://www.netapp.com/library/tr/3369.pdf

FYI:

forcedirectio is an NFS mount options relevant in a Solaris environment.
It is not used for Linux clients.

I also see that referenced PDF has no mention of the
filesystemio_options parameter either. Ugh.

For a Linux client, use:

rw,bg,hard,nointr,tcp,vers=3,timeo=300,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,actimeo=0

Now, 9i does require a patch with the Linux port so that Oracle will do
an open(,O_DIRECT,) of NFS files subsequent to setting

filesystemio_options=DirectIO

I'll have to dig for that patch number.

Hmmm...blog entry time

maybe it works.

On 2/7/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Per note 359515.1 nfs mounts are supported for datafiles with oracle 10.
Does anyone know if the same applies for 9.2 databases? I urgently need
to create a clone of a 9.2 environment, but suprise surprise don't have
disk space available directly attached to the server. And yes I have
opened a tar, but figure someone where must have done this, been bitten
etc etc.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA