RE: Datafile in RECOVER online_status

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, <ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 16:15:29 -0400

You can drop the ENTIRE tablespace including contents and datafiles if you
don’t need anything in the tablespace (

just to clarify I’m confident LS meant you can’t drop one of multiple datafiles
and have a remaining viable tablespace).

I’ve always done operations like this “offline” so there is no possibility of
involving a freespace dance as extra work along the way to the drop.

mwf