Re: Database won't startup after system crash

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:25:49 -0800 (PST)

Have you tried to comment out the automatic undo parameters and so you can
startup the db with old fashioned RBS, (since the system RBS is there...) just
long enough to offline and drop the undo tablespace, then reset everything and
create a new one, restarting the db with automatic undo post recovery?

I've never tried it myself, but I remember reading somewhere that it was an
option when the undo was not cooperating in a recovery scenario...

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."