RE: Database sloowww...trying to figure out why...

  • From: "Gudmundur Bjarni Josepsson" <gbj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:12:29 -0000

> Without the ability to trace user sessions, I thought I would trace my
own.

If you can run Statspack I would think that you would be at least
technically able to trace user sessions.  There's a paper at the Hotsos
website explaining this.

> Executing statspack.snap takes as much as 25 seconds!!!

Just shows that you should be figuring out your problems in a different
manner :-)

> I did try getting the miracle 10046 doohickey to work but have given
up
> [...] and then it's not guaranteed to work because of possible
differences
> in trace file format between red hat and hp.

What is the difference in a 10046 trace on Red Hat and HP-UX?

Gummi