Re: Database for WebSphere5

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:31:26 +1100

IF you do any development, then Websphere does require a small
DB2 database in the app server node for its metadata.  However, it can
be configured to logon to ANY database, including Oracle.  It ships with a
script that can be used to create that schema in Oracle.  They say it is not
supported, but that is just FUD: it works quite well.  Had it running for
two and a half years at my previous project.

Of course, if you do NOT do any development, then the app itself
can logon to Oracle without the slightest hitch.  Other than the default
isolation levels that are off the shelf stuffed for Oracle...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia
dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx