Re: Database can't open / corruption at system01 datafile

  • From: "Mostafa Eletriby" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "m_etrib@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 03:52:07 -0700

There is no metalink support.
SQL> alter database open;
alter database open
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open

SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
alter database open resetlogs
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01196: file 1 is inconsistent due to a failed media recovery session
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/oraData/<SID>/system01.dbf'

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:45 PM, Niall Litchfield
<niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's what you pay support fees for. Definitely log a P1 SR with Oracle if you
haven't already.

To offer any help we'd need version, platform and exact error messages. Even
then you might not want to take recovery advice from strangers on the internet.

Dear All,

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA