Database authentication and Active Directory

  • From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:20:44 +0100

Hi all,

I'm looking around to check if there's a solution that does not force
me to buy Oracle Internet Directory. Problem is rather simple, I want
to authenticate my database user against active directory.
This want to say that user are phisically present in database and only
password verification is done in active directory. Grants, roles and
other properties are stored in database server.

Users should be able to connect to database either from their own
workstation with applications similar to SQLDeveloper and from third
parties applications that does not reside on user workstation (maybe
oracle BI).
Metalink has no valid solution and also administrator guide does not
provide any interesting hint. Database is 11.2 .

OID is another expensive product I'm not able to buy today.

Thanks
Ste

--
http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu