RE: Database Schematic

  • From: "Hitchman, Peter" <Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:24:50 -0000

Hi,
In short you need a tool like Designer 2000 to do this, which will "reverse
engineer" your database and then present you with a set of object
definitions in its own repository, that you can then use to produce
diagrammes. Designer 2000 is essentially a dead product, JDesigner is taking
over, but I have no idea if JDesigner has these capabilities. But there are
other products out there, like ERWin, that do this kind of thing. Another
issue can be the support for the database features you are using, for
instance Designer 2000 does not support hash partitioned or composite
partitioned or list partitioned tables.

Regards

Pete.