RE: Database Link

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:51:33 -0400

You didn't say where the 9.2 database is located.  It's not on the same =
server as your 8.0 database is it?  Check the TNS names entry for the =
target database (8.0) on the (9.2) server.  The entry may not exist or =
is incorrect.  If you search the archives of the list there is a lot of =
info about db links.  I find them troublesome also.  My cube neighbor is =
trying to hunt down the same problem <g>.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology