Re: DataGuard: verify recovery progress

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 00:46:50 +0200

Hi Ivan
I've seen this behaviour of Data Guard before. When you perform both
queries right after a log switch, you'll see dat the archived log view
shows 'NO' to applied for a while, until the standby completes the recovery
from the archived logfile. The archived_log_dest view doesn't get updated
at that moment, appearently it is only updated at log-switch time. Because
of this I always use the archived_log view for monitoring DG configurations.

I think you have a good point with your question. Documentation doesn't
make a difference between both views. I think it is a bug, at least a
documentation bug.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===