Re: DataGuard failover/switchover questions

  • From: Oracle <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 16:49:17 -0400

On May 26, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Jurijs Velikanovs wrote:

Dear Mr. Oracle,

IMHO: With that modest email address I would expect you give me answers.
I bet you would get answers to your questions quicker if try to send
those question from email like noviceoracledba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It doesn't cost to tray, does it? ;)
Just my 0.02$,
Jurijs

PS Sorry wasn't able to resist from send this email :-)

SIgh... I guess you didn't try putting digistar.com (the domain name for my email address) in your browser to see where that led you? :-) Perhaps your email client doesn't show the domain name... I use a different email address for different mailing lists, etc. - it makes it easier to change addresses when the spammers find it (only one list to change instead of 50 subscriptions tied to one account).

With that said - when I switchover to the standby, what is the recommended method to point clients to the new primary? As it stands now, when the primary becomes a standby I can still connect to the standby but because the database is not open (physical standby) only views are accessible.

thanks