Re: Data loading from production to development

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:53:52 +0200

I think you are looking at this from the wrong end.
I would have do the following:
select all tables from development
for each table:
- disable triggers and constraints (you copy data from production - should be OK)
- delete all records
- get list of columns for each table
- dynamically create and execute insert as select from production
- commit
- enable triggers and constraints

divide the tables into 5-10 groups and run then in parallel.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Onkar N Tiwary wrote:

hi list,
i have one question, i have refresh my development from production. the problem is as:
1) there could be more tables in production than in development but i have to consider only those tables which are in development.
2) no of cols could be more in production than in development. i have to load data only in those cols which are also existing in development
3) triggers,constraints and other dependencies of the tables should be in place.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l