Re: Data in STATSPACK reportdoesn’t match (V$SQL: BUFFER_GETS, CPU_TIME; V$SYSSTAT).

  • From: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:26:33 +0300

Thank you Zhu for pointing me,

This explains issue.
Taking in account that 60% of CPU usage is Recursive then the figures I
mentioned can be true.

One comment on that: "resources reported for PL/SQL includes the resources
used by all SQL statements called within the PL/SQL code." In my case I
haven’t PL/SQL blocks in report, just SQL run from JDBC driver. Comment:
not only PL/SQL can generate recursive statements, in regular SQL this can
happen quite frequently.

Jurijs

zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
18.06.2004 05:43
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Data in STATSPACK report doesn’t match (V$SQL:
BUFFER_GETS, CPU_TIME; V$SYSSTAT).

It can be possible.
Pay attention to the sentence in the statspack report:

-> Note that resources reported for PL/SQL includes the resources used by
   all SQL statements called within the PL/SQL code.  As individual SQL
   statements are also reported, it is possible and valid for the summed
   total % to exceed 100

 doesn't match (V$SQL: BUFFER_GETS, CPU_TIME; V$SYSSTAT).
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Regards
Zhu Chao