Re: Data and indexes on different volumes

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: patty.vonick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:43:12 +0700

SSD is fast on Read reads/writes. So It's great to use for Indexes.
You are using Solaris + 11gR2. You can use Oracle Database Smart FlashCache
feature, If your system is OLTP (that's useful).

If you use SSD for ASM DiskGroup. It's useful, if you use it for Random
Reads/Writes

check //www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/How-do-you-use-FlashDisk

Best Regards,
Surachart Opun
Oracle ACE, Contributor (Oracle User Group in Thailand)
http://surachartopun.com
skye: surachart_op