RE: Data Pump over NETWORK_LINK

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <vnulllists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:44:14 -0400

If you have sqlplus and set long to at least the length of your longest
actual long value, then you can use the sqlplus copy command (subject to
other possible type limitations).

Do be advised that sqlplus copy will silently truncate any longs transmitted
to the actual length or the long setting, whichever is shorter.

Regards,

mwf