Re: Data Pump and compress on the fly in Unix

  • From: Robert Pegram <pegramrg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James.Foronda@xxxxxxx, Leng Kaing <Leng.Kaing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:15:05 -0800 (PST)

I opened a tar specifically asking if ZFS was supported.  The analyst came back
and stated explicitly that it was not supported.  When I pressed the analyst
for more information, basically I got the response that Oracle will try, but
not commit,  to support us if we use ZFS, but they (Oracle) would not "certify"
this configuration.  At that point I passed the information along to
management, and I am not sure which direction we are headed.

Rob Pegram
Duke University