Re: Data Guard implementation : Question about role transition

  • From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RichardGoulet <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 23:55:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kumar,

I assume you are on Oracle 10g.

1) If you are using Data Guard Broker, then disable the configuration .
2) Disable log shipping on the primary.
3) Test your standby database using/simulating Snapshot Standby Database.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/scenarios.htm#CIHIABDH

I have used the above procedure many times during DR testing. Should you need
more information, drop a mail.

Regards

Asif Momen
http://momendba.blogspot.com