RE: Data Guard implementation : Question about role transition

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:51:15 -0400

Kumar,

        What exactly are you trying to out?  That the data made it to
the standby site?  If so, stop the managed recovery and open the
database read only.  Afterwards you can resume standby operations
without having to rebuild the database.  But note that on a real
failover or switchover you can't just open the standby database, but
have to shutdown first.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International