Re: Data Guard Standby Database

  • From: d cheng <dc4oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Darrah <darrah.john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you everyone for your responses!  What is the difference between going
with a RAC standby versus a single instance standby?

  - David

John Darrah <darrah.john@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The only limitation I know of is that you can't have RAC going to single
instance and then cascade from there to another standby.  You can definitely
have a simple standby from RAC to single instance.

  On 7/27/07, d cheng <dc4oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Hi Listers,

  I am working with a 2-node RAC system and we are thinking about using Data
Guard's physical database feature for DR  Do you know if we can use a single
instance physical Standby database versus having another 2-node RAC standby
system?

  Thank you in advance for your help!

  - David

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?