RE: Data Guard Logical and monitoring

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:03:06 -0400

PD,

I run the following scripts and check the results.
If this script returns ORA-16128 then the standby process is down.
select status
  from dba_logstdby_events
where event_time =
          (select max(event_time)
             from dba_logstdby_events);
exit

If the result of this script > 0, the the standby process is lagging behind.
This may be normal if we are applying lots of changes.

select newest_scn-applied_scn from dba_logstdby_progress;
exit

This report just shows how far behind the standby process is.

set lines 132
column newest_scn  format 99999999999999
column applied_scn format 99999999999999
column status format a60
select newest_scn,applied_scn
  from dba_logstdby_progress;
select status,to_char(event_time,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') event_time
  from dba_logstdby_events
where event_time =
          (select max(event_time)
             from dba_logstdby_events);