Data Guard Hanging

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:36:39 -0500

All,

I am running a Data Guard with a Logical Standby on Aix V 10.2.0.4.

This is our first run at this so we are still learning.

During my first large data load in the primary database, I ran out of
room in my tablespaces.  The load died and I restarted it after fixing
the tablespaces.  I then noticed that the DDL did not change the
tablespaces in the Logical Standby.  I realized that this does not
happen automatically because the Apply died.  I changed the tablespaces
in the Standby and restarted Apply.  Everything seemed to work fine.
The data all got propagated over.  But now the Apply process seems to be
hung - or very slow.  We are about 150 archivelogs behind.  All of the
monitoring sql's that Oracle Metalink gives us shows that the apply
process is just running "EXECUTE TRANSACTION" - I can't see any sql
statements being run.

Anybody seen anything like this?  We have an SR submitted with Oracle
and the have been actively asking questions but nothing so far.

Thanks

Tom