Re: Daily/Weekly Oracle Tips

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:46:35 +0300

I didn't want to participate in this discussion, but still I'll re-post my
opinion, which I posted here two months ago:

---
IMHO, since this is a mailinglist, one should post here only when asking
questions, answering questions or having something really interesting to
say.

Webpages should be for posting regular investigation results or whatever
hints, so everyone can choose whether to read it or not.
---

And by "really interesting" I mean *really interesting* information about
Oracle, which most of people yet don't know, but should know and which isn't
available (yet) in other public sources like documentation, Ixora or similar
sites.

Random posting of links to other widely used webpages or spreading papers
full of irrelevant, incorrect and mythological information is not really
interesting stuff I'd like to see here. The same goes to flaming as well.

Simply put, the more crap we see here, the less useful writers will remain
answering our questions here.

Tanel.