RE: Daily Heath report script

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:29:14 -0600

Chris,

It should capture all ORA- errors, but I also assume some are severe
enough to complete crap out the process so it doesn't get captured.  For
example, I did find a few ORA-600 errors that were captured, but no
7445s.  I checked all alert logs for the past 90 days (they are weekly
renamed/date stamped, gzip'ed, then deleted after 90 days) and found all
but the ORA-07445 errors were captured that also appeared in the alert
log.

This has worked fine for releases 9.2.0.4, 9.2.0.5, and 9.2.0.6.

For what its worth, I thought I'd add the DDL for the Oracle table used
to hold error detail:

CREATE TABLE <audit user>.AUD_ORA_ERROR_TB
   (    ORA_ERROR NUMBER,
        RUN_DT DATE,
        USERNAME VARCHAR2(30),
        ORA_ERROR_NBR_SEQ NUMBER,
        OSUSER VARCHAR2(30),
        MACHINE VARCHAR2(64),
        PROCESS VARCHAR2(12),
        PROGRAM VARCHAR2(48),
        SQL_TEXT VARCHAR2(4000)
   ) PCTFREE 0 TABLESPACE TOOLS
  PARTITION BY RANGE (RUN_DT)
 (PARTITION AUOE_200503_RP  VALUES LESS THAN ('01-APR-2005')
  PCTFREE 0 TABLESPACE TOOLS,
  PARTITION AUOE_200504_RP ... )

I also loaded all ORA- error descriptions, causes, actions off oraus.msg
into an Oracle table, so that I could join to it yielding a little help
on messages when reporting.

Dave

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.