Re: DST - new time not shownig in alert file

  • From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:47:24 -0700 (PDT)

Which version/platform?

  I have a patch-neglected 10.1.0.3 running on Solaris 8, and the alert log
seems just fine.

  Joe Cooper
  Senior Oracle DBA
  Dep't of Veteran Affairs
  Austin Automation Center
  Austin, TX

Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
                In boxes we didn?t bother to patch or restart (no timezone
datatypes, etc.) while the sysdate is showing correctly the alert log is
displaying the old time.

  Does anyone have a fix for this other than restarting the database (that
works but there are some that we can?t restart until the weekend)?

    Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA
x68355

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time