RE: DST Strategy

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <barb.baker@xxxxxxxxx>, <pbashir@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:28:10 -0700

You only have to patch the clients if the clients will be using TSTZ
data.  For most people, this will probably mean that the client doesn't
need to be patched since I think most of us only have TSTZ data in the
scheduler tables and don't plan on any users querying these tables.

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barbara Baker

If you apply these patches to the database (which I think consists of
the timezlrg.dat and timezone.dat files), I believe that you then need
to make the same changes to all of your clients.

Someone please corrent me if I'm wrong.