RE: DROP LMT TBS internals.

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:44:29 -0400

Because I am typing too fast, and doing too much at once and making stupid
posts to
Oracle-L.
We're having massive PITAs because of poor legacy sizing, cowboy development
and biz requirements,
and I am frenetically, cautiously, nervously, emphatically moving all sorts
of tables
from DD to LMT as fast as I can. Mostly because I hate being woken up at
1,3,4,5,6AM in the
morning because Skippy made a test table of 1000 extents in a badly-beaten
up instance and
fet/uet is so cluster/fragged/extended that I get major wait events on
"select ... from fet$"
and the like.

It all kind of runs together in my head.

Anyways, after the next several weeks, we're going sun=>ibm, 8174=>9205,
mostly DM/some LMT to
all LMT, and then life will be only partially insane after that.

*sigh*